Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Swot Analysis


Strengths: One of my strengths is that I’ve been working for a year now as a legitimate videographer. This provides me with valuable work experience that lets me see and realize the difference between working on a school project and how the real world is really going to treat me. I know people who have already graduated and are already in the field so it provides me with a strong network of people. I’m very dedicated in trying to provide good quality media. I’ve always found myself putting extra effort into the final polish of any video I do. I’m dedicated to the customer heavily. When in work I also find myself in the leadership role. I’m being asked for advice on a daily basis and I know that in order to help my teammates I must keep on top of subjects frequently.


Weaknesses: I always feel that my weakness is a lack of creativity. While I posses the prowess and know how to create videos I never to this day as an artist but more of a problem solver. “It can be hard work finding the core of what makes your product unique. And sometimes you don’t even know it’s there until outsiders point it out to you.” (Age of Engage, Denise Shiffman, 55) While I do understand what makes a core product, I need to build upon it more to really establish something new.


Opportunities: While I feel that I can notice an opportunity when I see it I feel that I have a hard time finding them in order to take advantage of them. I have opportunities through friends already in the field that I can network and I think that will be one of my biggest advantages. I’ll never be satisfied with my standing as there is always room for improvement. “Winners have nowhere to go but down. Arrogance and the trappings that come with winning cause myopia, and management loses sight of what’s really happening with customers, and in the marketplace.” (Age of Engage, Denise Shiffman, 188). I need to always look forward to new opportunities as this will keep me on the right track. As a mentor of mine has said before, “Never feel like you’re the best otherwise you’ll be facing a harsh reality.”


Threats: A threat I face as a videographer is finding myself in the creative process being stumped. I always lessen myself and think every idea I come up with is unsatisfactory. With other videographers and creative minds abound, I need to be able to come up with award winning ideas in the blink of an eye. “A value that is unique clearly differentiates a product from the competition.” (Age of Engage, Denise Shiffman, 56) I need to be able to create this value and apply myself more efficiently towards my goals.

No comments: